1. Chevrolet offers five cars: the Spark, Sonic, Cruze, Malibu, and Impala with suggested retail prices of $12,270; $14,245; $16,170; $22,565, and $27,060 respectively. Is this price discrimination? Explain why or why not.
2. You sell consumer products in the Americas. The price sensitivity of South American consumers seems greater than for those in North America. An economic consulting firm has estimated the own-price elasticity for your most profitable product is -1.25 in North America and -1.50 in South America. Your marginal cost is constant at $75 across most of your production volume capability. What prices will maximize profits? Show the computation.
3. Define the 3 types of price discrimination. Provide an example of 1st degree discrimination and explain why it is difficult to practice.
4. You are a pricing analyst at a global network airline. Using historical data, you have determined that the demand for coach seats for passengers traveling for business and those traveling for leisure are: 1) business demand: P = 200 – 3Q, and 2) leisure demand: P = 120 – 0.6Q. The marginal cost for a passenger in coach class is $20. What price should you set for each type of passenger and how many seats should be sold to each? Show the computations.
5. Complete and label the diagram showing the numbers of seats sold and price for leisure and business passengers. Answer the following questions:
a. If MC increases modestly, will fares increase?
b. Are all seats sold? If not, wouldn’t the airline make more money by selling more seats at a lower price?
c. What recommendation would you make for the fleet assignment to this route?
6. Explain the conditions necessary for a firm to practice 3rd degree price discrimination. How do airlines meet each of these conditions?
7. What benefits, if any, do business and leisure passengers obtain from price discrimination?
8. Wal-Mart offers to match the price of any competitor. Why is this guarantee not necessarily a benefit to consumers?
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason may is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Our essay writers are graduates with diplomas, bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college diploma. When assigning your order, we match the paper subject with the area of specialization of the writer.
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
1. Place an order
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH ESSAY WRITING DEALER TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT